Wednesday, May 23, 2012

winter white.

May 22, 2012



Zara blouse, $60 Mango reversible skirt, $44.99 Zara cap toe shoes, $90 ASOS envelope clutch, $31 ASOS plastic jewelry, $14 Carole flower stud earrings, $2.90 Forever 21 ring, $5.80



Memorial Day weekend is right around the corner! I hope you all have wonderful vacation plans -- or plans to just stay home and sleep in, which is just as wonderful. 
Memorial day always makes me think of that horrible "no white after labor day" fashion myth. I'll always remember the day a family friend said "wow, you're so brave for wearing white in January," which I followed with an immediate mental note that I would wear white whenever I darn well please. Hey, fashion's all about breaking the rules, isn't it? 
Musings aside, today I was inspired by the white pencil skirt. I hope you like the outfit I put together. My high-end item of the day is the Zara court shoe in pink goat leather. It's a great color and has a comfortable heel height, making it a go-to item in anyone's closet. I actually looked for a budget-friendly skirt, as most people consider white skirts a seasonal item. And if you are one of those people, you'll want to stay away from a high-end pencil skirt when you're on a budget because it's simply not getting as much wear-time as your other items.
My observations: 
Please keep in mind that white skirts, especially if they're not lined, should be worn with neutral, panty-line-free underwear and a slip, if necessary. Another great tip is to make sure nothing white is too tight, as it's less forgiving than most other colors. And keep some tide-to-go in your purse. The worst thing is finding a stain on your white clothing just before a business presentation when all eyes are on you. Do you have any other tips for wearing white?

No comments: