Monday, July 30, 2012

work-life balance: 30/5/30 challenge part 1.

I've embarked on a new personal challenge to exercise for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. I've also promised to share what I've done each week with all my readers. For the week of July 23, here's what I did:

Monday: Tennis
Tuesday: Long walk with the dog
Wednesday: Aerobics/Kickboxing Exercise Video
Thursday: Long walk with the dog
Friday: Break
Saturday: Long walk around the East Mall of Washington, DC
Sunday: Break

My first week went pretty well. I learned two important things: (1) I can do this! and (2) I need to listen to my body and know my limits. Thursday, i decided to do an advanced version of an exercise video, and found myself almost collapsing after the first 15 minutes. So I'm going to take it slow this week to avoid burning out.

Readers: How do you plan on staying active this week?

2 comments:

Carm said...

Long walks with the dog sound fun and a great way to get two or three to stya moving. Is he a fashion forward guy? Any special pup-wear for him?

Law Moda said...

Oh, he's been known to wear an awesome argyle sweater and a stylish red raincoat on those cold and rainy days of DC, but he usually sticks with his lush black and white fur coat.